Monday, July 6, 2009

Random Stuff

I've had a bunch on random thoughts lately that I thought I'd blog while I'm in the mood. First off is an update on the diaper-blowout situation. I didn't exactly conduct a scientific experiment to narrow down the issue (I was more interested in eliminating the situation), but what I did worked. I switched back to Pampers and moved up a size and she's only had two blowouts in the last 6 weeks or so. What I should have done was change one variable at a time so I could identify the culprit because now I'm stuck buying Pampers in a larger size.

My friend Sunny told me a trick that I've passed on to others and they always think it's so cool so I thought I'd post it here. Did you know that you can screw a canning jar onto a regular blender? You can also use old spaghetti sauce jars and other jars you usually just throw away. At this point in the explanation I usually get the same lost look I gave Sunny when she explained it to me so I thought I'd take some pictures to demonstrate.
Step 1
IMG_0543
Step 2
IMG_0545
Step 3
IMG_0547

I do this all the time to make my morning smoothie. I think I'll also use it to make baby food and maybe a margarita or two?

A few years ago I found a recipe for energy bars that I really like. You can put just about anything in them, this is just a good starting point.

2 1/2 c. old fashioned organic quick oats
1/2 c.whole flax seed (I used ground flax meal)
1/4 c. organic dark cocoa powder ( this was hard to find..I used Hersheys dark cocoa)
1/2 c. natural peanut butter
1/2 c. honey
1/2 tsp. spirulina ( I ground up some tablets)
1/2 -1 c. hot water
Mix ingredients & form into patties.Wrap individually and freeze in ziplock bag.

I had an ahh hah moment the other day when I was going to feed Ella. I've been reading "The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment" and he talks a lot about how God knows all of our needs and will provide what is best for us even if it means removing something we are attached to. When I laid down to feed Ella she had her pacifier in her mouth and got all excited about eating. Well, she couldn't figure out that her pacifier had to come out in order to eat. She just kept sucking harder and faster. Not wanting to be too mean, I finally took it out of her mouth which made her kind of mad, but once she realized she could eat she was very thankful.

Finally, if you made it through all that, here's a picture from a day at the beach downtown last week. We met Debbie and Nicki and the kids for Debbie's birthday. Happy birthday Debbie!

Ella's first time in the sand!
DSCN0227
DSCN0226
DSCN0229
Thanks Aunt Ann for the cute hat! She wears it all the time.

2 comments:

  1. oh my dear you CRACK me up! you are one interesting cookie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But she's not growing into that hat very fast! She's still a little peanut :)
    Aunt Ann looks WAY WEIRD written!

    ReplyDelete