Saturday, February 21, 2009

Where Does It Go

Before I had Ella, I always wondered what makes moms so busy at home and no one has ever been able to explain it to me. Now that I'm on the other side, I also find myself busy but accomplishing nothing in particular. Of my waking time, I think about 1/3 of it is spent feeding her and putting her to sleep. Hopefully that will improve in the coming weeks and months though. Another 1/3 is spent cleaning up and doing laundry. I had no idea what a mess babies make. I feel like both of us are constantly covered in milk, spit up and poop or pee.

I have a story that illustrates this point. The night before her one week birthday, she lost her belly button cord. So, the next day I decided to take an herbal bath with her to celebrate. Everything was going great and she really enjoyed it, so much in fact that she decided to poop in the water. I was home alone since my mom had left that morning and Brad's mom hadn't arrived yet. So, I drained the water and rinsed her off, and by that time she was crying pretty good. I had no idea what to do as I stood in the middle of the bathroom, covered in poopy water with a crying baby and milk streaming half way across the room. I ended up calling Brad and he came home for lunch and watched her while I cleaned up. I decided I won't be taking any more baths with her while I'm home alone.

I think incidents like this are what take up most of my time. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to prevent stuff like this now that I know what she's capable of :)

2 comments:

  1. This story made me LAUGH OUT LOUD! No joke! I'm still laughing. so glad to hear that you have entered into the "busy yet no busy" stage of your life. Isn't it crazy that you can't explain where the time goes! Much love. the most recent pics are absolutely gorgeous. I just want to get my hands on Ella!!! Adeline is pretty cute when she says her name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am crackin' up too! you poor thing, hasn't happened to me yet, she is a GOOD girl when we take baths together, i agree w/ where does the time go, kevin comes home from work & i feel like i have accomplished NOTHING, besides keeping the baby fed & clean ;)

    ReplyDelete