Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Airplane Ride

On Friday Claire, Molly, Ella and I headed to the airport. Claire and Molly went back to Phoenix :( and Ella and I flew to Dallas. We got a late start from Sandpoint and Ella and I were one of the last people on the plane (at least we didn't have to wait). Someone was nice and gave up their aisle seat for us. I decided not to take her car seat since I thought it would be easier to use the front pack. Looking back I'm not sure that was the best decision because it was interesting trying to figure out what to do with her the first time I needed to use the restroom. Needless to say, I added a few more skills to my list of things I never knew I could do.

Ella was great on the plane, as soon as we took off she couldn't keep her eyes open and slept on almost every flight (we had 3 legs before we finally made it to Dallas).

While we survived, I think it would be a lot easier to travel with two adults. There was a lady on one of my flights who was traveling with a 3 year old and 18 month old by herself and that looked ALOT harder than a 5 week old so I guess I can't complain.

Here's Ella in her little airplane outfit

IMG_0288

Here we are on the plane

IMG_0289

IMG_0290

2 comments:

  1. YOu learn to handle what you have to once the time comes ;) Dying to talk to you and the family. I plan to call on Sunday after my folks leave. It's been NONSTOP here for us. Off to the beach tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job brave mamma! love the airplane outfit! have fun in the great state ;)

    ReplyDelete