Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm Free!!

I took my last actuarial exam on Friday. It was a long miserable process, but it's over now. If I passed it will only be because all my family and friends were so kind and let me ignore them for a couple months and took care of everything for me. I won't find out the results until July, but either way I'm never taking it again. I figure if I announce that for all the world to read it will prevent me from even considering it again in the event I don't pass.

So, what to do with all my free time?? I don't know, maybe hang out with Ella and Brad, read, do a Bible study, cook, take pictures, hang out with friends again, go hiking, mountain biking, finish a quilt, catch up on organizing pictures, etc.. Even cleaning the cars sounds fun.

I've started making my own yogurt. My mom had a yogurt maker from 1975 which she gave to me and I can't believe how easy it is to make. All you have to do is boil some milk, whisk 1 Tablespoon of yogurt in and poor it into the yogurt maker. 10 hours later you have 4 cups of delicious yogurt. I mix it with cottage cheese, fruit and nuts with a little jam or honey and that's my breakfast almost every morning.

On to the pictures. We had a fun time at Claire's wedding in California. It was a beautiful wedding and we all had a blast! I didn't get any pictures at the wedding, but here's one of Claire and her husband, Ian.
DSC_2493

Here's Ella at the same spot
DSC_2485

The night before the wedding, Ella and I walked down to the beach and she went on her first swing. She couldn't stop laughing!
DSC_2527

She also loved eating the sand and putting rocks in her mouth.
DSC_2536

After L.A., we spent a week in Phoenix and then the weekend in Tucson where we got to see Aunt Sarah's piano Ensemble.

1 comment:

  1. lovely lovely pics! her smile is GREAT on the swing! hope results are wonderful in july ;)

    ReplyDelete