Monday, May 11, 2009

Life is Good

Things have been going well lately. I'm back into work, I get to spend a lot of time with Ella and I don't have to clean my house or do laundry. I had a great weekend hanging out with Brad and Ella. Brad watched Ella for me on Saturday night while I went to a concert with a friend (The Gourds). And we went to church on Sunday and out to eat aferwards. I have a tendancy to get a little worried when I am so happy that something bad is going to happen (yes, I'm a little bit of a pessimist), but my mom sent me a Mother's Day card and in it she wrote, "Keep in God's Word to help in the hard times and sing songs of praise in the other times". So this is my song of praise to God for giving me more than I deserve to be thankful for (I think He accepts blog posts?). Plus, I'll have this post to look back on and remember His mercies during hard times. I was also reminded of how good I have it when I read this description of what mothers in other countries deal with on a regular basis. This is a pediatrician and his wife from Sandpoint who spend most of their time in Africa running medical clinics and sharing the gospel.

I have pictures coming soon from our spring photo shoot a couple weeks ago. Not much interesting has happened recently to take a picture of.

I do have a question for all you mothers out there. It seems like I am doing a load of poopy clothes every day from all her blowouts. I can't decide what the problem is:

1) I bought a pack of Huggies instead of Pampers to save money.
2) She's older and therefore has more projectile power.
3) She's outgrown her current size and needs to move on the the next size.
or
4) This is just what babies do.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. i think it's what babies do? i wonder if it depends on the position they are in when the explosion happens? i had one blowout when seriously NONE was in the diaper! i just had the biggest messy blowout EVER about an hour ago, she was sitting in bumbo and i had to hose her down in the shower! i am so glad the BIG ones never happen away from home, i had some mom tell me the other day she NEVER has blowouts and she uses cloth? no thanks, i use LUVS cuz i am cheap and want to save $5 per package! CHEERS to many more blowouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you had a happy 1st mom's day, even thou last year you still should have celebrated since you were growing ella, that is hard work too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm voting for not being cheap :) and if she's on the egde of the weight limit, then move on up.
    Thank you so much for sharing the Luke's Commission site as well as the words on the card. I had someone jokingly ask me if I had songs of praise in my head when I was cleaning up the cocoa mess (ya right!)...now I'm trying to commit to that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah swears by Pampers for preventing blowouts! Something about the elastic band in the back I think.

    ReplyDelete