Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

This weekend I planted my first garden! Brad set up the drip system and a friend from church tilled it for me and I planted the seeds (Ok, so I didn't really do that much). I planted radishes, beets (for Ella), potatoes (I think that's a requirement for Idaho residency), green beans, carrots, zucchini, squash and watermelon. It's kind of a lot considering how small the garden is. My strategy was plant as much as possible and hopefully something will grow.
IMG_1834
IMG_1839

The last couple weeks have been perfect weather although the amount of pollen in the air is amazing! Everything is coated with yellow dust and the mountains are kind of hazy. It's not a pleasant environment for allergies.
Here's a random picture of Ella I snapped while we were hanging out outside last night.
IMG_1858

2 comments:

  1. go garden grow! funny about the tater requirement! SWEET pic of ella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definately a framable pic of sweet Ella. Why beets for Ella?

    ReplyDelete